Harassment Prevention Policy
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd is a small business company with over 20 years’ experience combined. TBC caters for a variety of clients throughout Sydney and selected Sydney Metropolitan areas providing a wide range of general maintenance and construction work to residential and commercial buildings, Facilities Maintenance and Property Management with competitive quality and reliability in a safe and friendly working environment. Specialising in general building and construction, maintenance, facility management and all general carpentry, TBC Pty Ltd is made up of a fully licensed and experienced team who can provide a quality service in a safe working environment. TBC Pty Ltd understands and follows the ever-changing trends and introduction of modern technology. We ensure continuity in training and updating methods to cater to the ever-changing need of clients and the economy as a whole. What sets us apart? We carry the proper insurances required to protect you. Our craftsmen and our office staff are incredibly professional and place high value on customer service. When scheduling, we can typically schedule your appointment within 1-3 days. We understand that your time is valuable. We plan appointment times that work for you. And we show up on time! We strive for perfection every time, all the time TBC Pty Ltd employes a range of service delivery methods, including:
Quality Work Program
Quality Control & Monitoring
Completion & Recall
Feedback from Customers & Staff
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
- Provide our customers with services that will give them complete satisfaction by meeting or exceeding specifications
- Deliverance of our services within a specified timeframe as set out in contracts
- Continually strive to improve the quality of our services
- Optimise the safety of our employees and customers alike in all our projects
- Minimise our carbon footprint by keeping our standards environmentally friendly and recycling
- Maintain fair pricing
To achieve loyal customer service, we will meet all relevant rules, codes and regulations. Identifying customer requirements and ensuring our goals meet their needs management of TBC is committed to implementing and maintaining our business system outlined in our compliance regulations. All personnel and subcontractors adhere to a safe workplace and commitment to protecting both the workplace and the natural environment. The general manager is responsible for this management system supported by his/her team. The achievement of our goals is the responsibility of all members of TBC to provide quality, safety and environmental standards, codes and regulations
Back to top
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd (TBS) is committed to meeting its obligation with the Occupational Health and Safety (Commonwealth Employment) Act 1991 (the OH&S Act). The most efficient and effective way to reduce the human and financial costs associated with work-related injury and illness is through strategic focus on prevention. We encompass the prevention of accidents and injuries, and provision of rehabilitation of injured employees; and proactive assessment and consideration of both mental and physical aspects of work.
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd is committed to creating and maintaining an environment for management and staff to work cooperatively. We want to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, visitors and third parties. Continuously improving our OH&S management and performance makes good business sense, and provides benefits to all employees while minimising the risk of injuries and illnesses.
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd seeks to improve OH&S performance by monitoring trends, initiating pro-active risk management strategies. We are providing training and resources to keep hazards to the minimum practical level. Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd will encourage a workplace culture of prompt reporting of incidents, hazardous situations and dangerous occurrences and will ensure swift investigation with the appropriate remedial action. Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd and its employees will benefit through:
- Increased morale and job satisfaction
- Reduced personal illness or injury and associated pain, suffering and potential loss of income;
- Increased awareness and staff involvement in matters affecting health and safety – including a better understanding of their roles and obligations;
- Increased specific knowledge and skills related to work systems and processes relevant to individual jobs;
- Improved productivity through reduced loss of time and better organisational outcomes;
- To protect people (whether or not a place of work) against risks and safety arising from people and equipment from the use of plant/construction equipment that affects public safety.
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd will ensure the management of OH&S Policy by continuing to adapt work practices and appropriate use of resources which prevent workplace injury or illness. We will promote the protection of health, safety and well-being of employees, contractors, visitors and third parties. To implement this approach, Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd will ensure to be committed to:
A Risk Management approach to identify, assess, eliminate and control hazards which have the potential to harm persons in the workplace;
Complying with relevant OH&S legislation and other requirements placed upon the organisation;
The provision of appropriate OH&S training to all employees;
Policy 1.11 continued
A consultative process to ensure all employees, including where relevant contractors and labour-hire employees, are included in the decision-making process impacting on workplace health and safety. The practical implementation of OH&S policy. Injury Management and timely return of employees to duties following the Workplace InjuryManagement and Workers’ Compensation Act 2000. Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd will develop, implement and keep under review an OH&S System for managing health, safety and welfare. We support our system by appropriate policies and procedures; reviewed regularly.
End of Policy Statement
HARASSMENT PREVENTION POLICY
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd regards sexual harassment, racism, prejudice and all forms of bullying and intimidation, a severe breach of the TBS Pty Ltd Equal Opportunity Policy.
Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd supports the rights of individuals to be free from any form of harassment. While engaged in activities undertaken as employees, or in other associations with the Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd. As a construction institution and an employer, TBS Pty Ltd, through the Director: Human Resources and the Ombudsman will take all reasonable steps to eliminate sexual harassment of or by staff, students, or other members of the TBS Pty Ltd System. Objectives To prevent or deal with harassment in the workplace, an agency needs to develop and implement a policy based on the following principles:
- Management has the responsibility to ensure the workplace is free of harassment;
- Good people management practices;
- Fostering standards of ethical behaviour and conduct that contribute to a productive and customer-focused workplace;
- Prompt action taken when harassment occurs; and
- Public employees are to treat each other and their customers fairly and with respect and sensitivity.
Employees have a responsibility to ensure their behaviour:
- Meets an acceptable standard; and
- Contributes to a productive workplace environment.
- Any improper behaviour observed should be reported to a supervisor, manager, or other authorised person.
- Employees who experience harassment should ensure they take action, which can include:
- Seeking advice and support through the agency procedures established to deal with employees work-related concerns and grievances;
- Telling the person concerned to stop the offending behaviour (the employee may seek assistance before taking this step); and
- Lodging a complaint through the agency’s grievance procedures.
Dealing with employee concerns and grievances A system to manage employee work-related concerns and complaints needs to take account of the requirements of the Industrial Relations Act and grievance handling procedures in awards and agreements. To be effective in dealing with harassment issues, Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd is sensitive to the personal problems that can be involved. Thomsen Builders & Carpenters Pty Ltd harassment system include avenues through which employees can seek advice and support and informal and formal processes to deal with complaints. An employee with a charge of harassment is to be made aware of:
- Appropriate internal processes, which could be part of the agency’s grievance policy;
- Appropriate external avenues for dealing with the issue, for example, the Anti-DiscriminationBoard; and
- The union represents their entitlement to seek the advice and support of their union and they.
All staff and contractors are responsible for ensuring that equal opportunity principles are respected. Managers and supervisors are responsible for understanding the legislation and ensuring that the workplace and study environment is safe and free from sexual harassment. The Human Resources Unit are responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of this policy.
End of Policy Statement